Too many systems and institutions in our state are actively working against the benefit of our citizens, particularly our most vulnerable neighbors. As a public interest attorney, I have seen firsthand what a tough on crime approach can do to our communities. We need to hold government accountable, restore transparency, and repeal laws that reduce equity in our communities.
I commit to fighting for:
- Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for women in North Carolina.
- Medicaid expansion in North Carolina which will benefit more than 600,000 residents.
- Protection of a woman’s reproductive health care rights and ability to make their own health care decisions.
- Ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
- The expansion of state contracts awarded to Minority & Women-Owned Businesses.
- An inclusive and diverse state regardless of an individual’s religion, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- An end to the school-to-prison pipeline.
- An end to the use of money bail for low-level criminal offenses.
- An end to incarceration due to inability to pay court fees and fines.
- In-state tuition for undocumented students.
- Automatic voter registration of all eligible citizens and repeal of voter suppression laws.